Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Moving over to the Patterns Blog

As you may have guessed from this rather stagnant blog, I haven't been working on my model editor for a while now. I have had to focus on getting the rent paid and so my clients are getting all my time these days. (Believe me, if I had a rich uncle, I would do nothing but work on this, but no luck there I'm afraid!)

Fortunately, though, progress is being made by my colleague Andrew Mangogna on some useful components that I hope to integrate or merge with eventually. We've been coordinating closely and I'm very excited about his TclRAL (Tcl Relational Action Language) project. It started out as an in-memory relational extension to Tcl. Now there is an object action language on top of that and a nice model compiler/architecture in the works.

But I think I am going to focus my future posts in two areas right now. I will start posting in the Patterns Blog (should be a link to it over on the right somewhere). And I may rename that Blog to include more than just patterns. Also, as you may have noticed, I am micro-blogging on Twitter. That way, if I am too lazy to do a proper blog post, at least you can see what I am working on.

So for now, this blog is going in the deep freeze until I can allocate some serious time to build that action language metamodel. (Or find a partner that wants to fund my activities!)

Oh, yes, and one more thing. I have been spending time creating some exciting new Executable UML courses that are compatible with the tools of multiple vendors. I am hoping to debut the first as a UC Extension course this fall.

Okay, so for now, catch me on the other blog and twitter. Stay in touch!

- Leon

No comments: